In recent decades there have been changes in welfare policies, and roles and responsibilities of institutional and non-profit organisations have largely expanded. The new social policies tend to favour the integration of services to meet the needs of citizens, and this requires a greater capacity to manage complex systems. Meanwhile, the way to access resources available at a European, national and regional level has become more multifaceted and requires expertise in every process phase: from planning to accounting.
OASI assists institutions and organisations to:
- improve their organisational effectiveness and efficiency;
- identify, improve and update the skills needed to ensure the quality of the services provided;
- create and manage networks supporting local development dynamics in contexts of co-design and co-management;
- produce communication tools showing the reasons and ways in which organisations and services act, with a view of social responsibility;
- develop and adopt IT tools for the management of shared resources and network storage of documents and databases.
CONSULTING / TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- Advice in the planning/management of processes aimed at promoting social participation
- Drafting of service charters and operational guidelines
- Set-up of IT systems for social and socio-educational services, preparatory to monitoring and accounting processes
- Development of management skills within services, organisations and networks
- Support for supervisors and coordinators
- Ways to improve services
- Enhancement of positive experiences and cultural exchanges with other realities
- Assistance in the set-up and use of IT resources to support activities and produce effective papers and documents.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Monitoring and quality control of social services and projects
- Assessment and evaluation of plans of action and programmes of intervention
- IT monitoring systems shared within local networks or via the web, for data management and production of summary overviews
PLANNING AND DESIGN
- Services for the planning of the system of social services and interventions on a wide area
- Support to the planning at local, national and European level
- Building up of partnerships for accessing national and European funds
- Provision and customization of IT platforms for the web management of working groups (calendar, address book, events, document archive, electronic bulletin board, library archives, etc.).
- Planning and organisation of training activities relating to policies, services and social planning, as well as management of processes of service delivery
- Training programmes and support to management roles
- Training in the use of IT resources within work processes
- Social research
- Intervention research
- Customer satisfaction surveys and survey relating to the level of satisfaction of stakeholders involved in the delivery of services to individuals
- Development of IT systems for data collection and entry to prepare reports and summaries in tabular or graphical format
- Organisation of events to promote social initiatives (conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops).
- Co-ordination and drafting of publications
- Creation of websites and web pages whose contents can be managed in a dynamic fashion (documents upload, text editing, management of mailing lists, automated newsletter distribution, events and news).